Thursday, December 23, 2010

Persnickety Snark's FIVE Challenge: 5 Great Series of 2010

Adele over at Persnickety Snark is hosting her FIVE Challenge for 2010! The participants choose their top 5 picks from a number of different YA categories - today it is 5 great series! (you can get the details here).


Surprise, surprise... I had a hard time choosing again. So.. I went with six. Don't hate me - I started with about 20 different series. So, honestly, it was a huge accomplishment to narrow it down to six. I am not going to put these in an order.. because that is just not going to be possible. Also, I didn't include series with only one book currently out, because I didn't think they really constitute a series yet. So.. without further ado, here are my final six selections:

The Hunger Games Trilogy - Suzanne Collins
2010 Release: Mockingjay (#3)

Books in Series:
The Hunger Games
Catching Fire
Mockingjay


The Darkest Powers Trilogy - Kelley Armstrong
2010 Release: The Reckoning (#3)
Books in Series:

The Darkest Powers Trilogy - Lili St. Crow
2010 Release: Jealousy (#3)
Books in Series:

Hush, Hush Series by Becca Fitzpatrick
2010 Release: Crescendo (#2)

Books in Series:
Hush, Hush

Night Runner Series by Max Turner
2010 Release: End of Days (#2)

Books in Series:

The Morangville Vampires by Rachel Caine
2010 Releases: Kiss of Death (#8) Ghost Town (#9)

Books in Series:
Glass Houses
The Dead Girls' Dance
Midnight Alley
Feast of Fools
Lord of Misrule
Carpe Corpus
Fade Out
Kiss of Death


5 comments:

Little Miss Becky said...

We both listed Kelley Armstrong's Darkest Powers series! It was amazing, and I can't wait for the new one she is starting! I think a lot of people are going to list Hunger Games---I feel like such an outsider that I haven't read it!! :) Soon, though! I just bought the box set!

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Yay, you have The Morganville Vampires on your list too! I have Night Runner on my shelf, must move it the reading stack :)

Jenny said...

I just started the Morganville vamp series and I adore them! I'm on book 4, pretty sure I'm not going to be a fan of Bishop, but I love Shane something fierce. Great picks Sarah!

Melissa @ Mel's Books and Info said...

I have read three of the series, Hunger Games, Morganville Vampires, and Hush, Hush. The others have been tempting me for a while. I might have to pick them up! Thanks for sharing!

Missie, The Unread Reader said...

Sarah,

I definitely need to get on the ball and read The Darkest Power Trilogy and the Morganville Vamps books. I can't believe I still haven't read them.

Great selections. Thanks for sharing.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...