Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Tune In Tuesday {017}





Tune in Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. It's a fun way to share your favorite music with other bloggers and hopefully introduce them to so truly kickin' tunes :)


Alright, guys. This weekend I got to go see Mat Kearney at the Chicago House of Blues. It was AWESOME. It was a general admission concert, so it was kind first come first serve. Well you guys, I was in the FRONT row. I was terrified that I would get stuck in the back and at a staggering 5'3, I knew I would never be able to see. But I was directly in front of the stage. I am still all excited about it. He totally smiled at me. He also jumped into the crowd... but I wasn't near him. it was terrible. Anyways. back on track. I took a grand total of.. 270 pictures. Now, some were of the opening band, Leagues and some were of my weekend in Chicago. But the bulk of them were of Mat. You know, my future husband. I also snagged some great videos. So.. I am going to share those with you now. Because, honestly, I just can't help it. I have to spread the joy. 






 Now, I only have like a billion more pictures. I had the worst time picking the ones to share.I have a bunch of videos of him, but I am going to share him singing MY SONG.



Alright. Back on track.. again. I do in fact have some actual songs to share with you this week too. Beginning with...

Of Monsters and Men - Little Talks

favorite line: Now wait wait wait for me, please hang around. I'll see you when I fall asleep

Just try and tell me you don't LOVE this. I dare you.


Caveman - A Country's King of Dreams

favorite line: I don't want to go. She don't want to cry. So I won't make her.

Well, I could not find the album version for you on youtube. Sorry about that. However, it is pretty good live. It's just a little.. well, cleaner on the album. You can probably preview it on itunes and amazon.


 Acrylics - Nightwatch
Favorite Line: Well I don't know if you're a lover or a friend, but I was hoping that we would meet again.

Such a good song. It's what I like to call a "Night-Driving Song".

Ross Copperman - They'll Never Know

Favorite Line: It's nothing they could change. It's nothing you could hide. It's nothing you should hide 

This is an old favorite of mine. I've always loved his voice and this song is just so lovely.


Ellie Goulding - Salt Skin

Favorite Line: Sharp as a knife and you fit like a glove. That is no way to live, that is no way to love.
Ellie is awesome. I love all of Lights, but Salt Skin is my favorite. 
Empire of the Sun - We Are the People
Favorite Line: We are the people that rule the world. A force running in every boy and girl. All rejoicing in the world. Take me now - We can try.
This song is all sorts of awesome. Agree? Yes. I am sure you do.

 
Justin Nozuka - Supposed to Grow Old

Favorite Line: You just walked by me like nothing ever happened. When you said you would rescue me if I was ever falling. Well baby their was no way you could have forgotten all of the memories we shared.
Kind of makes me want to cry.. oh, well. I do love my depressing songs. But on a serious note, Justin Nozuka is the bomb-diggidy. If you haven't heard of him before, go listen to him on youtube. I LOVE every one of his songs.



6 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Oh my goodness! So jealous of your night with Mat :) I bet he was amazing to see live. Great pics!

Tee said...

I cant get enough of this post----so much goodness. How I love Ellie and Empire of the Sun!And the Justin Nozuka song...heaven..I am instantly drawn to any slow break up kinda music...or as my friends say..I am a lover of emo music! I will say it one more time.... love the post!

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

Ooooh!! Awesome pics! And picks! :)

Preet said...

I was totally listening to Little Talks without scrolling down and was going to comment about how much I liked the song. Then something happened...I saw you put Ross Copperman(who was going to be my pick this week, but then I changed my mind). I got ridiculously excited because I adore that man, and I want to forget that he's married just so I can have his babies and he can write songs about me all the time. Then I saw Justin Nozuka and I got even happier because seriously, his voice is just *swoon*(The showing his skills line in Be Back Soon, why hello). Anyways, ending this mini-rant I just wanted to say AMAZING picks, and I'm now following because of it. Hi5!

Thanks for stopping by!

Preet
A Written Rhapsody

Litza said...

This post is totally full of awesome! Great picks! It looks like you had a killer time at the concert. Lucky! Thanks for sharing!

My Tune in Tuesday pick!

Katelyn said...

Okay, I am going to try and reply to every single ounce of awesomeness that you have here. First, MAT!!!!!!!!!!! Ahh!!! I am so jealous but so extremely happy for you. I bet that was a truly BRILLIANT experience. Second, Of Monsters and Men, this will be my first time hearing them (I think) but they are great. They kind of remind me of Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros (a band I learned about from the AMAZING Ginger)! And maybe because it's late or because I have had one mental issue after another but either Caveman or A Country's King of Dreams (I can't decided which one's the song title and which one's the band name!) but I love that too! A double thumbs up for the Acrylics! Also, I am not totally sure if I've heard Ross before but I am so glad that I have now listened to him. I added him to Spotify as well so I will for sure be hearing more of his music. It was a beautiful song! And I LOVE Ellie! And the We Are The People song was so fun :p And I totally agree, Justin is the bomb-diggidy! As a final note and response to your comment, YES to Ryan Adams concert! That would be so full of awesome :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...