Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday: Trapped

Waiting on Wednesday is a Weekly Meme hosted by Jill at Breaking the Spine

Book: Trapped by Michael Northrop
Release Date: February 1, 2011
Publisher: Scholastic Press
Genre: Young Adult
Description:
The day the blizzard started, no one knew that it was going to keep snowing for a week. That for those in its path, it would become not just a matter of keeping warm, but of staying alive…

Scotty and his friends Pete and Jason are among the last seven kids at their high school waiting to get picked up that day, and they soon realize that no one is coming for them. Still, it doesn’t seem so bad to spend the night at school, especially when distractingly hot Krista and Julie are sleeping just down the hall. But then the power goes out, then the heat. The pipes freeze, and the roof shudders. As the days add up, the snow piles higher, and the empty halls grow colder and darker, the mounting pressure forces a devastating decision…

So, this book has been described as The Breakfast Club meets The Shining. Now, tell me - does that not peek your interest!? I know it's got me on board. I have been meaning to read Micheal's novel , Gentlemen, I've heard such great things about it. Hopefully people will love Trapped as well!

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds really interesting, I hadn't heard of it. Great pick! =)

Laurel-Rain Snow said...

Oh, this one sounds unique...and I liked both The Breakfast Club and The Shining...LOL.

Enjoy!

Here's mine:

Click my name....

Belinda said...

This sounds like a great read. I loved The Breakfast Club and had a super big crush on Emilio Estevez. I wonder what ever happened to him? Have fun reading this week

Here's my WOW choice for the week

joyh82 said...

Sounds like a Stephen King movie..lol I might have to check this one out. Have a great week!
Joy at Books and Life

Anna said...

Yeah! Breakfast Club is exactly what I was thinking when I first saw it. Really looking forward to this pick.

Heather said...

A friend of mine has this as her pick too... and boy am I a sucker for this kind of set up XD

Check out my pick HERE!

Jan von Harz said...

Just saw this one another blog and I am really excited about it too. Great pick!

Carrie at In the Hammock Blog said...

the breakfast club meets the shining?? wow!

Straylights said...

This sounds creepy. It's always been my worst nightmare to be trapped in a building by snow. Great pick!

Come check out my WoW :D

Angela Lynn said...

Great pick! I'm definitely going to put it on my list. =)

Carissa said...

This sounds really cool! Nice post. New follower!

Tammy (The Book Fairy's Haven) said...

Yours is the second blog I've seen featuring this book today.If that doesn't say anything, then I don't know what does. I'm definitely going to add this to my TBR pile!

Marathon said...

Hi,

I just have to say this: FRIGGIN' AMAZING LAYOUT! I looove it! Anywho, I've never heard of this one. Hmm...I may like it.

Oh and by the way, thanks a million for your comment back at my WoW post!

~Asher

Literature for Lunch said...

This sounds fantastic, really fantastic. I can't believe I have to wait until next year to read it. :( What a great WoW pick - it is a new book to me and I am putting it on my TBR list.

I love the layout of your blog and your header. I am a new follower!

Lizzy said...

This one sounds awesome! I hadn't heard of it, but it's definitely going on my list.

Jude said...

Great choice - looks really interesting.

This is what I'm waiting on this week.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...