Thursday, August 5, 2010

Booking Through Thursday 4

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme. Today's question is..

What is the first book you remember reading? What about the first that made you really love reading?

That is a difficult question, I don't really remember. I remember reading a lot of books when I was little, but I cannot name a particular title as "my first". My favorite book when I was really little was Wacky Wednesday by Doctor Seuss, so that may very well have been my first book. But, I am not 100% sure. So, I will just name a few books that I remember reading when I was young - The Boxcar children books, The Avalon: Web of Magic Books and the occasional Nancy Drew Novel. I remember reading these because I loved adventure books. I don't remember much about any of them now, but I was in love with them.

Can you remember you first read?

3 comments:

Gigi Ann said...

It is interesting today reading how everyones mind works when we have to think about the first book that got us hooked on reading. I am almost 70 years old and I remembered like ti was yesterday. Funny how our brains work, just like a little computer!

gautami tripathy said...

I can't recall my first book but I do recall that, I was hooked on Enid Blyton. She, in a way, has influenced my interest in Crime fiction.

Then I used to devour the Nancy Drew books along with Hardy Boys. However, but those came much later.

Here is my BTT: First Time post!

Matt said...

I cannot remember exactly what my first book was, but I had never been an avid reader until I was in high school. First book was a Dr. Seuss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...