Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: Fallen


Book: Fallen (Lauren Kate)
Series or Stand-Alone: Book #1, Fallen
Preview on Amazon
Description:
There’s something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.

Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price’s attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He’s the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce–and goes out of his way to make that very clear–she can’t let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.

I was extremely excited about reading Fallen, I have seen it everywhere and the cover is absolutely stunning. So, I recently picked it up at the bookstore and I took it on vacation with me. I was able to finish it within a few days and here is what I think. Fallen was a good book. What is one of my favorite books? No. But it was good. I think the story was very imaginative and I adore Luce. I found her very realistic, her actions were always in the realm of sanity for a seventeen year old girl. In fact, all of the characters were very fun to follow - especially Daniel. I found myself wanting to find out what exactly was going on in his mind and why he was acting the way he was. However, my one and only real problem with this book is that it seemed to drag. I found myself repeatedly skimming paragraphs and sometimes even pages, especially those that dragged on about the particular shade of the shadow Luce was currently seeing. That being said, I truly enjoyed this book and I cannot wait for the next in the series!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...