Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky

Waiting on Wednesday is hosting by Jill at Breaking the Spine


Book: Awaken by Katie Kacvinsky
Release Date: May 23rd, 2011

Genre: Young Adult

Publisher: Houghton Mifflin Books for Children
Description from Goodreads: Maddie lives in a world where everything is done on the computer. Whether it’s to go to school or on a date, people don’t venture out of their home. There’s really no need. For the most part, Maddie’s okay with the solitary, digital life—until she meets Justin. Justin likes being with people. He enjoys the physical closeness of face-to-face interactions. People aren’t meant to be alone, he tells her. Suddenly, Maddie feels something awakening inside her—a feeling that maybe there is a different, better way to live. But with society and her parents telling her otherwise, Maddie is going to have to learn to stand up for herself if she wants to change the path her life is taking.
In this not-so-brave new world, two young people struggle to carve out their own space.

I have actually already read this one - I got a copy from netgalley. But let me tell you, it was AMAZING. I just cannot wait to buy myself a copy... and I can't wait for the release to get closer so I can share my review with you guys :) 

13 comments:

La Toya said...

Oooh very cool sounding. I'm a new follower!

~Lah @ LazyGirl Reads

Aleetha said...

Net Galley has this book..hhmm..I think I need to request it

BLHmistress said...

This one I have had an eye on and been thinking about getting it from Net Galley.

Our WOW

Mia said...

Wow. This one's on my TBR list. I'm obsessing myself with dystopian novels and I can't wait to read this one! Here's my WoW for this week :)

Jan von Harz said...

I am anxious to read this one too and I am glad you thought it was amazing. Great pick!

Sally said...

Wow this book sounds awesome and I hadn't heard of it before so thanks. Off to put it on my wishlist.
Sally.

Brittany @ Nice Girls Read Books said...

I've seen this one cropping up everywhere and the cover definitely entices me! Great pick!

Here's what I'm waiting on!

Marrion said...

This is a very interesting book! Gonna have it on my TBR! Thanks for sharing!^^

Here's my WoW

Books for Company said...

This is such a good book!

Jess (Gone with the Words) said...

This sounds like a good book! And the cover is intriguing. Adding it to my wishlist!

Here is my WoW :)

Unknown said...

A superb pick! It looks great. Happy Reading :)
Check out what I'm Waiting On Wednesday

Mia @GrippedintoBooks

Anonymous said...

here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/02/waiting-on-wednesday.html

Tea and Tomes said...

It is an awesome books, isn't it? A little slow in places, but the world that the author's built is intriguing, and the characters are so interesting that I practically couldn't stop reading my NetGalley copy either!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...