Thursday, August 5, 2010

Booking Through Thursday 4

Booking Through Thursday is a weekly meme. Today's question is..

What is the first book you remember reading? What about the first that made you really love reading?

That is a difficult question, I don't really remember. I remember reading a lot of books when I was little, but I cannot name a particular title as "my first". My favorite book when I was really little was Wacky Wednesday by Doctor Seuss, so that may very well have been my first book. But, I am not 100% sure. So, I will just name a few books that I remember reading when I was young - The Boxcar children books, The Avalon: Web of Magic Books and the occasional Nancy Drew Novel. I remember reading these because I loved adventure books. I don't remember much about any of them now, but I was in love with them.

Can you remember you first read?

4 comments:

Lori said...

I don't remember my first time. However, several books influenced my joy of reading. Here's mine.

Gramma Ann said...

It is interesting today reading how everyones mind works when we have to think about the first book that got us hooked on reading. I am almost 70 years old and I remembered like ti was yesterday. Funny how our brains work, just like a little computer!

gautami tripathy said...

I can't recall my first book but I do recall that, I was hooked on Enid Blyton. She, in a way, has influenced my interest in Crime fiction.

Then I used to devour the Nancy Drew books along with Hardy Boys. However, but those came much later.

Here is my BTT: First Time post!

Matt said...

I cannot remember exactly what my first book was, but I had never been an avid reader until I was in high school. First book was a Dr. Seuss.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...