Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tune in Tuesday {028}




Tune in Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. It's a fun way to share your favorite music with other bloggers and hopefully introduce them to so truly kickin' tunes :)





Brooke Fraser - Something in the Water
Favorite Line: Give me something fun to do like a life of loving you, kiss me quick now baby I'm still crazy over you
I don't know what it is about this song, but it just makes me smile. Maybe it's the sweet lyrics, maybe it's the beat or maybe it's the clapping - I'm a sucker for clapping songs. Whatever it is - it's magic.

The Bridges - Nice N Easy
Favorite Line: Built your tower mighty high, well how am I supposed to reach you? Now your just another wall and I want to knock you down.
I honestly do not understand why this band isn't a household name. I adore them. Honestly, their debut CD (Limits of the Sky) is out of this world and their latest E.P. (Our Monster) is just as amazing.  I'm pretty sure I've used this song before in a Tune in Tuesday, but oh well. It's still awesome.

Heartless Bastards - Got to Have Rock And Roll
Favorite Line: And I know, whenever you're feeling down, well you've got to have, got to have, got to have rock and roll
Why are the Heartless Bastards so amazing? I was introduced to this band on Friday Night Lights and have loved them ever since. And their latest album - Arrow is phenomenal. I mean it - it's probably my favorite CD of the year. Listen to it... now.

Barcelona - Slipping Away
Favorite Line: and take what you came here for, I trusted and I promised, you believe I swore that you would be the first and the last but I did not know - you'll take me, but you'll take no more.
This song was my introduction to Barcelona. I think the riff is what pulled me in and it's been on constant replay for months. I just adore it.

Flight Facilities - Crave You (Adventure Club Remix)
Favorite Line: A wave a heads did turn or so I've been told, my heart broke when you kept your gaze controlled.
I still cannot decide if I like the original mix or the Adventure Club Remix better. They are both done beautifully. I really suggest you check both out :)

Haley Reinhart - Wasted Tears
Favorite Line: I kind of want you to feel what it's like to break, break, break
Whether or not you're an Idol fan - you have got to check out Haley Reinhart. Her debut album, Listen Up! is seriously kickass. I cannot tell you how much I love it. Go. Listen. Now. There isn't a song on that CD that I don't love.


9 comments:

Ginger @ GReads! said...

Barcelona! I am a fan of theirs :) Be sure to check out Get Up. It's another one of my favs by them.

Born Bookish said...

Brooke Fraser! I just discovered her song "Love, Where Is Your Fire?" and LOVE it. This song was great too, and the video was really cool =)

Penny said...

Haley Reinhart <3

Anonymous said...

Definitely agree with you about Haley Reinhart. Listen Up! is the best CD I've purchased this year, I highly recommend it.

Hollie said...

I love the Barcelona song, thanks for sharing! :)

Natalie said...

I have SO many awesome new songs added to my Spotify playlist now. Yay! :)

Katelyn said...

I LOVE how much music you always introduce me to! The first two songs were simply amazing! Also, I have been loving every song of Haley's! One of her songs was actually in the last Step Up movie!

Anonymous said...

Loved that Brooke Fraser song! And you're right, the hook on "Slipping Away" is super catchy!

Litza said...

What?! You have Barcelona and The Bridges in the same post? Yes! First Floor People was my introduction to Barcelona and I loved it so much, I went out and got everything I could by them. Same with The Bridges. :) As for Haley, she was on one of the seasons of Idol I actually watched a little... she was a favorite. Thanks for introducing me to the others!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...