Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Tune In Tuesday: The 90's Edition Vol 2



Tune in Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by Ginger at GReads. It's a fun way to share your favorite music with other bloggers and hopefully introduce them to so truly kickin' tunes :)





So we now find ourselves in week 2 of the 90's edition of Tune in Tuesday, and let me tell you what... I am loving it. There are so many amazing songs from that decade! Last week I served up a scrumptious selection of 10 songs and this week I've got 10 more killer tunes for you!


1. Goo Goo Dolls - Black Balloon (1998)
Let me tell you what - I LOVE the Goo Goo Dolls. And Black Balloon is my favorite track off of Dizzy Up the Girl. Let's talk about that album for a minute... I mean it was huge in the 90's! The Goo Goo Dolls had a number of smash hits from it - Iris, Slide, Black Balloon & Broadway - they were simply everywhere that year. I have to admit, the dolls simply sound like the 90's to me. I associate all of their work with the decade, no matter when it was actually produced. P.S. Here is Gone is my all time favorite of theirs, but it is from 2002. 


2. Alanis Morissette - You Oughta Know (1995)
Oh, yes. I will always adore this one. This is quite possibly my favorite f-you song off all time. All I can say is, take that Uncle Joey. How rude, indeed.


3. Eric Clapton - Layla Unplugged 1992
"See if you can spot this one". So, this was my favorite song growing up. Strange, I know. But, Clapton is just that good. I still have a huge soft spot for this one :)


4. Madonna - Take A Bow (1994)
Long before Rhianna's chart topping hit, there was Madonna's Take A Bow. Look, I'll admit it, I am a huge fan of Madge and Take A Bow is one of my all-time favorites. I remember watching this video before school with my sister on Vh1 and just being completely memorized by it. 


5. The Verve - Bittersweet Symphony (1998)
What? You've heard this one before? Well, shock me, shock me.

6. TLC - Unpretty (1999)
I had the worst time choosing a TLC song.. should I have went with Waterfalls? Or maybe No Scrubs. Whatever, they are all amazing songs..Unpretty is definitely my favorite, but the awesome Alex Mack graphics in the Waterfalls video almost forced me to choose it. Anyways, yes, the Glee girls did a good job with the Unpretty/I Feel Pretty mash-up, I'll admit it, I downloaded it, but the original is my favorite.

7. Red Hot Chili Peppers - Under The Bridge (1992)
Pure Awesomeness. That is all.


8. Boyz II Men - End of The Road (1992)
Oh, I'm getting chills. This song = FREAKING AWESOME. My favorite part is the ending... when it's pure acapella magic. 


9. Sir-Mix-Alot - Baby Got Back (1992)
Don't you dare lie to me. You know you love this. Let's just all be honest and admit we know every line.


10. The Cranberries - Linger (1993)
I don't even know what to say.. it's just that good.


9 comments:

Tee said...

Bittersweet ..to this day is still one of my favorite songs

Ginger @ GReads! said...

hahahaha omg Uncle Joey!! that made me almost spit out my coffee. Damn woman you picked some AWESOME tunes this week. I agree with Goo Goo Dolls are amazing. Name is probably still my fave by them. Freaking Boys II Men - awesome!

Book Crook Liza said...

Damn! You picked out some really good songs! Layla!!!!! I loooove the unplugged version! And You Oughta Know! And The Verve!!!! And Linger is one of my favourite songs of all time! GREAT CHOICES! :)

Amanda @ On a Book Bender said...

On the rare occasion that Baby Got Back starts playing on the radio, I do admit to cranking it up and signing along. :)

Marissa said...

Oh dear me, I have a bunch of these on my ipod on my personal mix.
I graduated from the same HS as Boyz II Men. Why did I not think to link Motown Philly?

Love your choices!!

K @ BaffledBooks said...

Ok, you have too many awesome picks, it would take too long to comment on all! That is too much awesomeness!

Unknown said...

Holy Crap.... this list is awesome!! Perfect playlist.

Sonya said...

Nice selection many of these videos I played repeating, back in the day. Great choices.

Litza said...

... Oh my gosh! SO MANY good songs! Bittersweet Symphony is still a favorite of mine & I totally agree that Goo Goo Dolls & the 90's go hand in hand. And The Cranberries? Still a favorite (as evidenced by my choice this week... lol). Lovin' your post. Thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...