Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Young Adult of the 80's and 90's Reading Challenge

So, I stumbled across an awesome 2011 Challenge hosted by The Book Vixen today that I have decided to enter. It is the Young Adult of the 80's and 90's Reading Challenge - doesn't that sound like a good time? I feel like we often get caught up in all the new releases and forget about the thousands of books that have already been published. So, I am excited for this challenge - I already have some books on my shelf that I have been meaning to read that would be perfect for this! I hope you all consider signing up too!

YA of the 80s and 90s Reading Challenge

Anyways, so here is my tentative list - I am sure that it will change (it is a year long challenge..) but this will give you a rough idea of what I am planning on reading. Some of these I've read before, but most of them are new to me. Also, if you have any suggestions for me please comment with them, I am sure that you all have some favorites from this era.

1. And Both Were Young - Madeleine L'Engle
2. The President's Daughter - Ellen Emerson White
3. White House Autumn - Ellen Emerson White
4. The Golden Compass  - Phillip Pullman
5. The Perks of Being A Wallflower - Stephen Chbosky
6. Tomorrow, When the War Began  - John Marsden
7. Ella Enchanted - Gail Carson Levine
8. Looking for Alibrandi - Melina Marchetta
9. Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging - Louise Rennison
10. Remember Me - Christopher Pike
11. The Return - Christopher Pike
12. The Last Story - Christopher Pike
13. The Last Vampire - Christopher Pike

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What about:


-The Giver by Lois Lowry
-Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson
-Say Goodnight, Gracie by Julie Reece Deaver
-Tiger Eyes by Judy Blume

These are a few from my list.


Thanks for participating in the reading challenge!

p.s. I love your header! Sookie!!

Julie said...

Awesome challenge!! I'd love to take part. Thanks for passing on the word.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...