Saturday, November 27, 2010

In My Mailbox 19

In My Mailbox is a weekly meme hosted by Kristi at The Story Siren!


So I was on vacation for half the week, so I didn't get around to doing my IMM video. I did still manage to pick up a few books this week - they have bookstores in Iowa too.. imagine that :)

Anyways - without further ado, here is what I picked up this week:

I got Sweep Vol 2 by chance. You see, I had decided not to buy it yet - I figured that I had enough books that I haven't read yet. So, I purposely avoided the bookstore. Then, when I was at Marshall's picking up some boots (which I have to take back..) they had Sweep at the checkout counter. Here's the kicker - it was only $5.99. Six bucks for 3 books? I quickly decided that it was fate - I was meant to buy the book. Then, I was looking through amazon's black Friday deals and they had Proms Nights from Hell and Vacations from Hell on sale. I get free shipping from amazon for being a college student.. so of course I had to buy those too :)
1. Sweep Vol 2 - Cate Tiernan
3. Vacations from Hell - Various

I also got Don't Kill the Messenger from amazon - it was only a few dollars as well. Then, I bought the next Morganville Vampire book - Ghost Town. I have absolutely plowed through the series - I read the first 8 in less than a week. Oh, and I got the Frenzy from the library.
1. Don't Kill the Messenger (Don't Kill the Messenger #1) - Eileen Rendahl
2. Ghost Town (Morganville Vampires #9) - Rachel Caine
3. The Frenzy - Francesca Lia Block

Then, last but not least.. I bought a Nook :) I went out at midnight on Thursday and bought it at walmart. You see, they had them on sale for Black Friday at Best Buy for $99. But, if any of you have ever gone shopping on Black Friday - you probably know to avoid Best Buy at all costs. People are crazy there - they line up at like 4pm the day before. I absolutely refuse to go anywhere near a best buy. But, here is where the magic happens :) As you may or may not know, Walmart price matches for Black Friday. So.. I simply had to walk in at midnight (when Walmart's sale started) and go get myself a nook. They weren't on sale at Walmart, so there were plenty available. Plus, all of their electronics went on sale at 5am - so they weren't releasing any of there sale electronics until 5. But since the nook wasn't on sale there - I was able to get it at midnight. Plus, I could check out at the electronics counter, so I was literally in and out in 20 minutes. It was fabulous :) 


Did you guys know you can lend books through the nook? It is great - If anyone else has a nook and wants to swap sometime, let me know!


15 comments:

Ashley @ Bookaholics Anonymous said...

Oh I have prom nights from hell. I need to get the other one. I want an e-reader so bad I'm thinking if i don't get one from the people I asked. i'll probably end up buying one after the holidays

Julie said...

Cool! Wow, I'm glad you got a super deal on your Nook!! Hope you love it! Here's my IMM.

Nic @ Irresistible Reads said...

Great mail box this week. I loved Ghost Town. Enjoy your books and your Nook!

Holly said...

I had no idea you can lend books through a nook, I'll have to check that one out. What was it like shopping at midnight, I don't think I've ever been in a store that late. Oh and what's black friday?

Uniquely Moi Books said...

Awesome books this week! And the nook! SWEET! YAY! Have a great week!

Rebecca said...

Awesome books you got this week. Vacations and Prom Nights from Hell both look really good. I hope you enjoy reading all your books.

kirsty at the overflowing library said...

all fab covers!!

Sally Bibrary said...

Hmm, some lovely choices. I see a few there I might have to get my hands on. Oh, and congrats on the Nook!

My IMM post is HERE

Julie Anne Lindsey said...

You have a great selection this week! Love it! Enjoy Enjoy Enjoy!

Anonymous said...

Wow, great books! I absolutely love the Morganville Vampire series; just finished reading Ghost Town and LOVED it :) There is a bit of mind twisting that happens about halfway through the book that will drive you crazy, just warning you ;)

Haha, you sound so proud of all the sales you found! ;) (that rhymes...) I wasn't able to go Black Friday shopping =/ Congrats on your nook!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on the ereader! The more I see of them, the more I want one. I think I might get one in the next year or two. I hope you like it!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on betting yourself a great bargain on your ereader!

You have some great books in your mailbox this week too. I hope you enjoy them all!

Anonymous said...

The "From Hell" books like great! I need to check those out!! Happy reading! My IMM is here: http://nikkibrandyberry.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/in-my-mailbox-kinda-9/

Gabrielle Carolina said...

All your covers kind of "go" together! Cool!

Lucky you and your Nooking.

Happy reading!

If you want to know what I got in my mailbox this week, check out my blog here-

http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/imm-13-deb-week.html

And don’t forget to enter my book-a-week giveaway!

http://themodpodgebookshelf.blogspot.com/2010/11/second-hand-saturday-3.html

Blessings,

Gabrielle

Unknown said...

I have a Nook but now I want the Nook Color!

I was able to be in and out of Fry's Electronics in 20 minutes. It was liberating to be in and out that fast on Black Friday!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...