Thursday, July 15, 2010

Review: This Lullaby


Book: This Lullaby (Sarah Dessen)
Series or Stand-Alone: Stand Alone
Genre: Young Adult
Preview on Amazon
Description: When it comes to relationships, Remy doesn't mess around. After all, she's learned all there is to know from her mother, who's currently working on husband number five. But there's something about Dexter that seems to defy all of Remy's rules. He certainly doesn't seem like Mr. Right. For some reason, however, Remy just can't seem to shake him. Could it be that Remy's starting to understand what those love songs are all about?

I first read this book when I was in 8th Grade. I remember passing it around to all of my friends because I enjoyed it so much. The protagonist, Remy Starr, is a cynical, narrow-minded high school senior who is completely over love. Enter, Dexter, a free spirit who completely shakes up everything Remy knows, or think she knows about life and love. This is defiantly my favorite Sarah Dessen book, and quite possibly my favorite straight teen romance. I have read, and reread this book many times. The characters are all very charming and carefully crafted (like Remy's family and her friends) and I love watching the story unfold. I think I enjoy this book so much because you really get to watch Remy change as the book progresses.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...